Asymmetric Face Surgery Information
- Duration: 2-3 hours
- Anesthesia: General Anesthesia
- Hospitalization: 2 days
- Stitch Removal: 2 weeks after
- Clinic Visit: 5 times
- Recovery Period: Return to everyday activity 2 weeks after
- What is Asymmetric Face?
- Asymmetric face is caused due to abnormal development of face bones. Every person’s face and body is a little asymmetric which is normal, but if the level of asymmetry is high, then it will cause masticatory dysfunction and problems in jaw joint.
- Recommended for those who
- 1. Have correct centerline but different jaw sizes from side to side
- 2. Have correct centerline but different jaw line from side to side
- 3. Have slanted centerline with long jutting chin
- 4. Have slanted centerline with protruded mouth or short chin
How symmetrical is my face?
- Before the surgery
- 3 months after the surgery
Self-diagnosis of Asymmetric Face
- Slanted lips
- Slanted jaw
- Slanted eye line
- Slanted centerline of front teeth
- Slanted mouth
The cause of Asymmetric Face
- Inborn with asymmetric face
- Damaged teeth or habit of chewing with
only one side of the mouth
- Injury on jaw area
- Acquired imbalanced development of jaw
Types of Asymmetric Face
- CASE 01
Different jaw sizes from side to side but has normal centerline.
- CASE 02
Slanted centerline with long jutting chin
- CASE 03
Slanted centerline with protruded mouth or short chin
- CASE 04
Different face line sizes from side to side but has normal centerline
Asymmetric Face Surgery
Asymmetry can be corrected after accurate analysis of the cause and symptoms. Accurate and systematic treatment is possible through cooperative treatment system with Wonjin Dental Clinic. We only offer the customized surgery that will bring the best result for each individual.
Asymmetric Face Surgical Method
1. Normal centerline but asymmetric face - Square Jaw Reduction or Genio Osteotomy without orthodontic treatment
2. Asymmetric face with malocclusion - Two Jaw Surgery with orthodontic treatment
3. Protruded mouth and Jutting chin at the same time - Two Jaw Surgery with orthodontic treatment
METHOD 01 Square Jaw Reduction or Genio Osteotomy
If the centerline is normal but face is asymmetric, correction on both sides of the face through Square Jaw Reduction or Genio Osteotomy is required.
METHOD 02 Two Jaw Surgery
Bone relocating surgery is required depending on the level of asymmetry but if there is a slanting problem on upper jaw, shaving the upper jaw horizontally to correct the slanting angle and move the lower jaw to the center accordingly.
Two Jaw Surgery Process