Nasal Bridge Surgeries
Wide Nasal Bridge Information
- Duration: 1 hr 30 min ~ 2 hours
- Anesthesia: Local (Deep Sleep) Anesthesia
- Hospitalization : Same day discharge
- Stitch Removal: 5-7 days after
- Clinic Visit: 2-3 times
- Recovery Period: Return to everyday activity after stitch removal
- What is Wide Nasal Bridge Correction?
- A nose bridge can appear wide due to thick skin. This type of nose can be refined by narrowing the nasal bones.
- Recommended for those who
- 1. have a wide nose bridge
- 2. have a thick nasal bridge
- 3. wish for a narrow dorsal nose structure
Point of wide nasal bridge rhinoplasty
- Width of nasal bridge should be proportioned with the width of philtrum
- Thickness of nasal bridge should be balanced with overall face
Showing each line falling from the inner corner of eyebrow to nasal tip is ideal. The ideal width between two line is generally 13mm for male and 10mm for female.
Wide nasal bridge Surgical Method
Raising only nasal bridge is not recommended to fix wide nasal bridge and this way can lead a disproportioned face and masculine appearance. Therefore, it is important to figure out the best ratio of nasal bridge thickness and line balanced with overall face. This type of nose require nasal osteotomy (which is breaking the nose bones) in order to narrow the nasal bridge width. Implanting prosthetics can be considered for people having flat nasal bridge.