Nasal Tip Surgeries
Nostril Reduction Information
- Duration: 1.5 ~ 2 hours.
- Anesthesia: Local (Deep Sleep) Anesthesia
- Hospitalization: N/A
- Stitch Removal: 1 week after
- Clinic Visit: 2-3 times
- Recovery Period: Return to everyday activity after stitch removal
- * Having equilateral triangle nose shape when it is viewed from bottom of nose is meant to be an ideal nose shape.
- What is Nostril Reduction?
- Flared nostrils or widely round nostrils can often contribute to an unrefined, overlly ethnic appearance. Flap reduction is performed for large flared nostrils whereas, for wide nostrils, nasal sil reduction surgery is required.
- Recommended for those who
- 1. Have a flat appearing nose due to wide nostrils
- 2. Have an arrowhead nose
- 3. Are dissatisfied with current shape of nose
- 4. Possess a nose tip which appear flared or wide
Point of Nostril Reduction
The width of the nasal base (from the outside of each nostril to nostril) should be equal to the intercanthal distance.
The 2.1 degree angle of between horizontal line below nasal septum and nostril is very ideal.
Nostril Reduction Surgical Method
METHOD 01 Nostril sil reduction
Applicable for all cases, skin from the bottom of the nose (the pink highlighted section) is incised in a wedge-shaped and sutured. Scars are barely noticeable with this type of procedure.
METHOD 02 Nostrils tied and pulled together
This procedure is recommended for who only have wide space under their nostril. The bottom of nostril is incised and the space between both nostrils are tied and this gets nose tip further becomes sharper.