Nasal Tip Surgeries
Nose Tip Extension Information
- Duration: 1 hr 30 min. ~ 2 hours
- Anesthesia: Local (Deep Sleep) Anesthesia
- Hospitalization: N/A
- Stitch Removal: 5-7 days after
- Clinic Visit: 2-3 times
- Recovery Period: Immediate Return to Everyday Activity
- What is Nose Extension?
- A short nose usually over exposes nostrils when it is viewed from front side. Nose tip extension surgery has been the most difficult aspects of rhino surgery. Therefore, the most satisfactory outcomes would be derived by undergoing surgery from experienced surgeons.
- Recommended for those who
- 1. have a short or upturned nose
- 2. have prominent nostril exposure
- 3. Have upturned nose after inserting prosthesis
Nose tip extension surgery point
- The ideal nose length : 1/3 of overall face
- The ideal angle of 45 degree between nasal tip and columella
The nasolabial angle, the angle between the columella and the upper lip, often exceeds over 110 degrees, which is meant to be upturned or short nose. This leads to expose nostril way too much. Customized surgery method should be applied with this type of procedure based on ergonomically rhino analysis as improper use of prosthesis or poor technique affect on shortening the nose.
Short Nose Correction Surgical Method
METHOD 01 Cartilage Repositioning Surgery
Naturally, the nasal tip cartilage that is angled upwards makes the nose look upturned and short. Thus, by incising the upper cartilage and repositioning it downwards, it can ultimately decrease the nasolabial angle and create an ideal nose tip.
METHOD 02 Cartilage Transplant Surgery
If cartilage repositioning still pose a shortfall, cartilage length may need to be reinforced with additional septal cartilage transplants to increase the length of the tip.
METHOD 03 Cartilage Repositioning Surgery + Cartilage Transplant Surgery + Rhinoplasty
This procedure is suitable for patient who desire to elevate nasal bridge and tip after getting above 2 surgeries. A prosthesis is implanted into the nasal bridge and cartilage from your ear is used for your nose tip.