Nasal Bridge Surgeries
Dorsal Augmentation Rhinoplasty
- Duration: 1 hr ~ 1 hr 30 min.
- Anesthesia: Local (Deep Sleep) Anesthesia
- Hospitalization: N/A
- Stitch Removal: 5-7 days after
- Clinic Visit: 3 times
- Recovery Period: Return to everyday activity after stitch removal
- What is Dorsal Augmentation?
- The dorsum, commonly known as the bridge of the nose, potentially has the largest influence over the aesthetics of the face. Dorsal Augmentation is an umbrella term for several different types of nose structures. It is a method to enlarge or straighten the nose to give a proportional shape and size in context with the face. It is one of the most common type of rhinoplasty surgery.
- Recommended for those who
- 1. Have flat nasal bridge
- 2. Have volume loss face
- 3. Have round and blunt nose tip
- 4. Have flat nasal tip
Dorsal Augmentation Surgical Method
The nasal bridge can be elevated using customized prosthetics and nose tip can be reshaped naturally by implanting autologous cartilage.
Nose Length and Height- An ideal length and height of the nose is pre-determined to consider proportion and balance to the surrounding facial structures.
Nose Bridge- The thickness of skin and width of nasal bone are taken into consideration when it comes to select the prosthetics.
Nose Tip- An autologous cartilage is inserted and covered by a fascia layer. This prevents thinning of skin and skin redness. The tip is raised slightly higher than the bridge to create an ideal lateral and frontal profile.