Nasal Tip Sugeries
Blunt Tip Correction Information
- Duration: 1 hr 30 min.
- Anesthesia: Local (Deep Sleep) Anesthesia
- Hospitalization: N/A
- Stitch Removal: 5-7 days after
- Clinic Visit: 2~3 times
- Recovery Period: Return to everyday activity after stitch removal
- What is Blunt Tip Correction?
- Asian noses are generally very different to Caucasian noses in many aspects. The overlying skin and cartilage are the main attributes that differ, and as such, rhinoplasty techniques also differ. A blunt nose can give off a plain and dull impression, thus Tip Rhinoplasty can refine the nose for a sharper and sophisticated appearance. Wonjin's Blunt Tip Rhinoplasty surgeries are renowned for successful positive outcomes.
- Recommended for those who
- 1. Have wide or blunt nose tip
- 2. Dissatisfied with current shape of nose
- 3. Have enlarged/thickened nose tip
Types of Blunt Nose
Blunt Tip Rhinoplasty Surgical Method
A blunt or round nose tip is a common attribute found on many patients. Usually the cartilage of the nostrils is small and the skin is thick. In case of wide nostrils, nostril reduction surgery is recommended. Tip Rhinoplasty and nostril reduction, when performed together, can potentially provide better outcomes.
METHOD 01 Wide cartilage within the nostril
Ear cartilage or septal cartilage is inserted into nostrils to strengthen and make nose sharper.
METHOD 02 Cartilage of the nostrils spread out left and right
After trimming the cartilage smaller, suture the both trimmed sides. Then the nasal septum is raised to create a naturally sharp nose.
METHOD 03 Excessive fat or thick skin tissue
Subcutaneous fat and skin are removed to raise the nose tip. If nasal bridge surgery is combined aiming to elevate nasal bridge, ear cartilage and septum are used to create a sharp and refined nose.
Closed Incision Rhinoplasty
The advantage of closed incision rhinoplasty is that there are no visible scars. An experienced surgeon must accurately assess the internal structure of the nose as the incision does not bare the structures beneath the skin.
Open Incision Rhinoplasty
Patients with short noses, arrowhead noses, blunt tip noses, and nose revision surgeries are more than likely to have open incision rhinoplasty. The advantage of open incision is that it allows for structural exposure of the nose, leading to safer surgeries by accurate diagnosis. The redness around the scar is barely noticeable and it can be covered by makeup. The redness will fade in approximately 3 months.
Rhinoplasty (Nose job) : Rhinoplasty Real Story
I got my nose done followed by Two Jaw surgery. I was really stressed out with my curved nose which caused functional problems as well, so I decided to get the nose correction. I want my nose be more natural To be honest, I had consultations with several different plastic surgeons, but the most thing I liked about Wonjin was that Wonjin has a specialized ENT doctor. Here, I want my nose be more natural and well defined shape by using the implant and cartilage. I think my nose is high enough so I will keep that part as it is. Be ready to see my brand new nose~!