Nasal Bridge Surgeries
Bulbous Nose Surgery (Under-Projected Dorsum) Information
- Duration: 1 hr 30 min.
- Anesthesia: Deep Sleep Anesthesia
- Hospitalization: N/A
- Stitch Removal: App. 5-7 days after
- Clinic Visit: 2-3 times
- Recovery Period: Return to everyday activity after stitch removal
- What is Bulbous Nose Surgery (Under-Projected Dorsum)?
- A low dorsum has the effect of making the nose and midface appears flat and unpleasing appearance from frontal view. Correcting cartilage and excision of fat layer under skin can refine your nose.
- Recommended for those who
- 1. Have wide or blunt nose with shallow dorsum
- 2. Have thick and round nose with flat nose bridge
- 3. Have saddle deformity/ski-slope appearance of dorsum
Key Points of Bulbous Nose Surgery (Under-Projected Dorsum)
A bulbous nose or under-projected dorsum is common features of the Asian nose that is generally made up of small cartilage in Alar and thick skin, requiring very suitable surgical method according to individual’s condition. Wide alar can be corrected along with weir reduction and if you add raising nasal bridge could achieve doubled up satisfaction and outcome.
In case of wide cartilage within the nostril
Large cartilage in nostrils gets trimmed to be smaller and sutured. Ear cartilage, septum cartilage or others are implanted between parted nostrils cartilage and this will make an effect of lifting nose.
In case of cartilage of the nostrils spread out left and right
After trimming and suturing cartilage inside of nostrils smaller, the nasal septum which is connected to the downside of this cartilage comes toward the nasal bridge. This procedure would make your nose to be elevated.
In case of excessive fat or thickened skin
Subcutaneous fat and skin are removed to raise the nose tip. Nasal bridge rhinoplasty using ear cartilage and septum cartilage can be performed together along with weir reduction in order to lift your nose.