Nasal Tip Surgeries
Ptotic Nasal Tip Surgery Information
- Duration: 1 hr 30 min. ~ 2 hours
- Anesthesia: Deep Sleep Anesthesia
- Hospitalization: N/A
- Stitch Removal: App. 5-7 days after
- Clinic Visit: 2-3 times
- Recovery Period: Return to everyday activity after stitch removal
- What is Ptotic Nasal Tip Surgery (Arrowhead nose)
- The term 'arrow nose' comes from the shape of the droopy nasal tip that forms the tip to look like an arrow. The nature of this type of nose is called a 'ptotic' nose. In the case of nasal tip ptosis, the nasal tip is elongated or droops disproportionately. Also, an elongated septum or nasal bridge may cause the nose to appear elongated. This type of nose can be corrected having Ptotic Nasal Tip surgery and this has high difficulty aspects requiring sophisticated skills. Therefore, it is crucial to have this surgery by well-trained specialist surgeons.
- Recommended for those who
- 1. Have droopy nose tip that looks like arrowhead
- 2. have issues with the shape or size of the nasal tip
- 3. May appear disproportioned nose with the face
Ptotic Nasal Tip Surgery Point
A portion of the tip cartilage will be excised to allow the cartilage to move upwards to reduce the length of the nasal tip.
Autologous cartilage will be inserted into near nasal septum in order to function as a supporting structure which props natal tip cartilage up.
In extreme cases of ptotic nose tips, a small incision will be made to excise a segment of muscle inside the nose.
Autologous cartilage fixes the nose firmly to prevent reoccurrence of ptotic nose. Nose augmentation can be performed in conjunction with this type of surgery with implant insertions if the patient wishes for a heightened and raised nasal bridge.