Short Chin Surgery
Short Chin Surgery Information
- Duration: 2~3 hours
- Anesthesia: General Anesthesia
- Fasting: From 8 hours before the surgery
- Stitch Removal: 2 weeks after
- Clinic Visit: 5 times
- Recovery Period: Return to everyday activity 2 weeks after
- What is Short Chin?
- It is a condition when lower jaw bone is backward retreated or lower part of face appears to be absent due to short height of jaw. This can lead to have undefined outline from face to neck and give unnatural and dullness or gaudy impression.
- Recommended for those who
- 1. Have short/small/set back chin
- 2. Have micrognathia
- 3. Have short chin and protruding mouth together
Do I have Short Chin? (Self Check-up for Short Chin!)
- I have relatively short jaw compared to forehead or nose viewed from front.
- I have diagonal line formed from lower lip to tip of the chin viewed from side.
- My chin gives an unstable and unconfident impression.
- It is hard to close my mouth and my gum is exposed a lot while smiling.
Which Surgery Method is Right for Me?
Various different surgical method is available according to the symptoms of Short Chin.
This is why you need a thorough consultation with Short Chin Surgery Specialist with lots of experience before deciding your surgery.
Short Chin Surgery Method
Short Chin with asymmetric facial centerline – Square jaw surgery or Genioplasty + no need for Orthodontics
Short Chin with Malocclusion - Two Jaw Surgery + Orthodontics Needed
Short Chin with protruding mouth and jutting chin – Two Jaw Surgery + Orthodontics needed
Method 01 Genioplasty
This surgery is performed on patients who have normal occlusion but short/small chin only. The front side of lower chin is amputated horizontally and fixed at the new site.
This surgery has an advantage of relocating tip of chin without any implant insertion.
Method 02 Two(double) Jaw Surgery
SSRO surgery method is typically performed for lower jaw. Two jaw surgery is performed to correct the position of upper jaw bone by amputating upper jaw bone and settling into the right place.
Method 03Three Jaw Surgery
This surgery is necessary when a patient has a developed lower jaw with protruding mouth.