Chin Surgery Information
- Duration: App. 2 hours
- Anesthesia: Local/General Anesthesia
- Fasting: From 6-8 hours before the surgery
- Stitch Removal: 2 weeks after
- Hospitalization: N/A
- Recommended Staying Period in Korea: Min. 2 weeks
- Mani & Pedicure: Must be removed
- What is Chin Surgery?
- Chin Surgery at WONJIN corrects an over/under bite by decreasing or extending the chin length. Jaw Surgery involves moving the jaws forward and backward. Through implant insertion or fat grafting, this surgery can get you a satisfactory jaw line and chin line.
- Recommended for those who
- 1. Have short chin / retreated chin / receding chin
- 2. Have small chin
- 3. Have excessively developed chin
- 4. Have unbalanced facial contour
- 5. Are dissatisfied with current facial contour
The Effect of Chin Surgery
Chin Surgery Surgical Method
METHOD 01 Retreated chin
Chin advancementMake incision about 2~3cm on the chin mucous membrane and fracture the bone. Then, move fractured part of front chin forward and fix it.
Implant insertionMake incision at chin mucous membrane and lift periosteum to secure insertion space. Then, insert the implant, fix it and suture the incision part.
METHOD 02 Long chin
Chin reductionMake incision about 2~3cm on the chin mucous membrane and lift periosteum to cut the proper amount of chin bone. Then, join separated bone and suture.
METHOD 03 Short chin
Front chin bone grafting Incised square jawbone part is inserted into the fractured frontal chin
- 01A square jaw surgery will be conducted
- 02A short or receding chin will be fractured
- 03The shaved sqare jaw bone will be inserted into the fractured front chin
METHOD 04 Wide chin
T osteotomyFracture front chin into “T” shape, to reduce both width and length of the chin