Cheekbone Reduction Information
- Duration: App. 1 hours
- Anesthesia: General Anesthesia
- Fasting: From 8 hours before the surgery
- Stitch Removal: 2 weeks after
- Hospitalization: 1 day
- Drain Removal: 1 day after
- Recommended Staying Period in Korea: Min. 2 weeks
- Mani & Pedicure: Must be removed
- Compression Bandage: Recommended to wear all times for first 3 days, then put on only at home or while sleeping for another 1-2 weeks
- What is Cheekbone Reduction?
- WONJIN’s Cheekbone Reduction (Zygoma Reduction) is an improved version of surgical method from existing cheekbone surgery. WONJIN’s facial surgeons have over 20 years of experience. The zygoma is fractured and pushed back, and the fractured zygoma’s circumference is carefully trimmed and rotated to bring a more natural cheekbone reduction effect.
- Recommended for those who
- 1. Have conspicuous front cheekbone
- 2. Have wide face width
- 3. Have conspicuous side zygoma bone
- 4. Have conspicuous side and front zygoma bone
- 5. Have unbalanced facial contour
- 6. Desire a slender facial line
- 7. Are dissatisfied with current facial contour
The Effect of Cheek Bone Reduction
Cheekbone Reduction Surgical method
- 1. Incise two sites; inside mouth and inside of temporal area
- 2. Fracture frontal and back (rear) zygoma bone, then push it inwards:
The side zygoma is pushed inwards and the volume of frontal zygoma is maintained, and the frontal face width is reduced.
- 3. To prevent bone movement, fixate surgical site with screw
(∗ If you want to avoid screw fixation, please let the doctor/consultant know during the consultation)
- 4. Suture with dissolvable surgical thread
WONJIN’s Cheekbone Reduction
- 1. Fracture cheekbone, bone is incised up to the fractured length.
- 2. Cheekbone is rotated toward the center and pushed inward.