Eyelid Surgery System
Perfect Ratio for Beautiful Eyes
We believe that in order to achieve beautiful eyes, the size and proportion must be considered. The delicate skills of our surgeons and immaculate design techniques naturally allows for the eyes to look much bigger and clearer. Our exclusive eye specialists at Wonjin perform all eyelid surgeries pursuing patient's satisfaction.
- The most ideal standardized eye has same ratio of the width of eye and interocular distance. The ideal width range is about 30mm~34mm.
- The medial epicantho (inner corner of eye) should be connected with Ala of nose and lateral epicantho (outer corner of eye) should also be lined with Ala of nose straightly as well.
- The eyes should be slanted upwards slightly over the horizontal line from inner to outer corner of the eyes.
Eye Surgery System
Cutting-edge Safety System+
Highest Standard Medical Equipment
- Aseptic Operation Room
- Real Time Monitoring
- Central Control System
- Independent Power Supply System
- Cardiopulmonary & Cricothyroid Resection Kit
- BAIR-HUGGER Body Temperature Maintainer
Cooperative Departments System+
Best Surgeons driven by results
-Safety has been proved by our rich experience.
-Accuracy that shortens average surgical time with our own know-how.
-High responsibility through ergonomic analysis.
Safe Anesthesia System+
All surgeries are performed under 1:1 anesthesia system, which is safe and trustworthy.
-Our anesthesiology department is responsible for your safety from the beginning of surgery to recovery process
-Thorough medical examination at our pathology department
-Equipped with certified anesthetics and analgesia for effective pain management and safety
1:1 Individualized Patient Care System+
We strive to provide the best services for your comfort and convenience, from pre-operative consultation to post-operative care.
-Exclusive Aftercare Treatments & follow-up procedures
-Customized anti-inflammatory care available for various body types
-1:1 patient management system from the consultation to the post-operative care
-interpreters for 8 different languages.
-24-hour call center available for all enquiries regarding the surgery and emergency situation
STEP 1 Double Eyelid Surgery
Double Eyelid Surgeries are performed accordingly to the patients' eye shape and structure, whilst considering the musculature structure and the amount of fat deposits on the eyelid. Depending on the conditions of the patients' eye structure, non-incision, partial incision, and incision methods of surgery can be considered.
STEP 2 Double Eyelid Surgery + Epicanthoplasty
The Mongolian fold, a common feature of the eyes of Asian descent, makes the inner corner of eyes look pinched. The combination of epicanthoplasty and double eyelid surgery can widen the eyes, and create a more distinctively appealing eyes. Magic Epicanthoplasty, in particular, leaves no visible scars on the inner corner of the eyes in comparison to regular epicanthoplasty. Epicanthoplasty alone can widen the narrow eye width.
STEP 3 Double Eyelid Surgery + Epicanthoplasty + Lateral Canthoplasty
Epicanthoplasty and Lateral Canthoplasty can drastically widen the eyes. Epicanthoplasty can make you look sharp and bright, and lateral canthoplasty allows for an aristocratic appearance. Wonjin’s Lateral Canthoplasty has a very low chance of the outer corners of the eyes to re-attach to itself in the future.
STEP 4 Ptosis Correction + Epicanthoplasty + Lateral Canthoplasty (+Hot’z Surgery)
This is the best method to enlarge your eyes. Ptosis Correction exposes the pupil that is covered by the eyelid. Lateral Canthoplasty and Hot’z Surgery can further expose the Sclera (white region of the eye ball) on the lateral section of eye, inevitably allowing the eyes to look much bigger.
Surgery Precautions [Before & After]
Before the surgery
- -Stop taking the medicines that disturb hemorrhage control (birth control pills, hormone drugs, vitamin E, and aspirin) at least 2 weeks before the surgery. Notify the consultant and the surgeon if you are under treatment of hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, and thyroids.
- -Stop smoking cigarettes at least 3 days before the surgery. Notify the consultant and the surgeon if you have a cold so that we can check your respiratory system.
- -Showers with mild soap agents are recommended on the day of the surgery. Remove contact lenses, jewelry, accessories, nail polish, and make-up before admission.
- -Strictly No Eating or Drinking (including candy, gum, and water) 4 hours before the surgery (8 hours for general anesthesia).
- -Prepare comfortable clothes (hoodie or button down shirt), mask, scarf, cap, and sunglasses. Organize for your guardian or carer to take you home.
After the surgery
- -Swelling and bruising may be present but will improve with time. Avoid sleeping on your stomach and keep your head in an elevated position. It is recommended to use 2-3 pillows during sleep for faster recovery and decrease swelling.
- -Do not rub your eyelids or blink with force. Avoid crying and do not apply eye make-up for at least 10 days.
- -Inflammation around the eyes and vision impairment may be present but only temporary. These symptoms will subside with time.
- -Do not consume alcohol and smoking is strictly prohibited for 4 weeks after the surgery.
- -Avoid wearing contact lens for 3 weeks. Please wear glasses during this period.
※ Minor bleeding, infections, and general complications may occur if the patient neglects the precautions listed above.