- Duration: Depending on the cause, surgery times will vary
- Anesthesia: Local (Deep Sleep) Anesthesia
- Hospitalization: N/A
- Stitch Removal: 2-7 days after
- Clinic Visit: 2 times
- Recovery Period: Return to everyday activity after stitch removal
- What are Dark Circles?
- Dark circles are dark blemishes around the eyes, especially around the under eye bags. It usually makes a person look extremely tired and older. Surgery might be necessary depending on the severity of dark under eye circles.
- Recommended for those who
- 1. Appear fatigued or sickly due to dark circles
- 2. Have visible dark circles even after using concealer
- 3. Have tired looking eyes
Dark Circle Causes and Features
There are several causes for dark circles. Bone structure, fat composition, and pigmentations can often pose as the detrimental factor that causes dark circles. The following types of surgeries are recommended upon consultation with a specialist..
Sunken bone underneath the eye
The bony structure that makes the eye bags look sunken can create a shadow-like pigmentation under the eye. This can be corrected by fat grafts and injections of fillers. This will provide more volume to the area and create a smoother look eliminating dark circles.
Pigmentation of the skin
Due to pigmentation, skin can appear darker. This can be corrected by fat removal and micro fat grafting.
Dark circles due to fat under the eye
Surgery through the conjuctiva leaves no scars. Make-up and face washing is possible allowing for faster return to everyday activity. After consultation, sagging skin can be corrected with lower blepharoplasty.