- Duration: 30 min.
- Anesthesia: Local (Deep Sleep) Anesthesia
- Hospitalization: N/A
- Stitch Removal: 7 days after
- Clinic Visit: 2 times
- Recovery Period: Return to everyday activity after stitch removal
- What is Lateral Canthoplasty?
- Typically, ‘Asian” eyes are transformed combining both of double eyelid surgery and canthoplasty for optimal outcomes.
- Recommended for those who
- 1. Have narrow width of eyes
- 2. Don’t have significant eyes expansion effect after epicanthoplasty
- 3. have short width between the eyes, unable to have epicanthoplasty
- 4. Have slanted-eyes
- 5. Have little exposure of the sclera (white of the eyes), making them appear cross-eyed
Lateral Canthoplasty Features
The preceding lateral canthoplasty method usually has the desquamated skin gets back together in the process of recovery. However, Wonjin’s exclusive Lateral Canthoplasty method eliminates the tissues leading to reattach incised skin to complement above problems.
|Normal Lateral Canthoplasty||Wonjin’s Lateral Canthoplasty|
|Incision Site||Skin on the outer corner of the eye||Part of the inner conjunctiva|
|Surgery result||Horizontal length increases||Horizontal & Vertical length increases.
Facial appearance changes.
|Chance of recurrence||High chance of recurrence||Very little chance|
Ptosis Correction Surgical Method