- Duration: 30 min.
- Anesthesia: Local (Deep Sleep) Anesthesia
- Hospitalization: N/A
- Stitch Removal: 7 days after
- Clinic Visit: 2 times
- Recovery Period: Return to everyday activity after stitch removal
- What is Epicanthoplasty (Magic Epicanthoplasty)?
- A small section of the eyelid that covers the inner corner of the eye, often referred to as the 'Mongolian Fold', generally makes the eyes look distantly apart from one another. Epicanthoplasty can increase the length of the eyes to make the eyes look much wider, clearer, and bigger, and it can also portray a softer and kind impression. All preceding methods of Epicanthoplasty left visible scars. However, Wonjin’s Epicanthoplasty incisions are made on the inner section of the fold and sutures are not required, thus leaving no visible scars. Patients often combine epicanthoplasty in conjunction with double eyelid surgery for better satisfactory outcomes.
- Recommended for those who
- 1. Want bigger and clearer looking eyes
- 2. Have angry appearing eyes due to Mongolian folds
- 3. Have a wide gap between the eyes
- 4. Wish to have revision surgery
Epicanthoplasty Surgical Method
Mongolian Fold Incision