Breast Augmentation Information
- Duration: App. 2~3 hours
- Anesthesia: General Anesthesia
- Fasting: 8 hours before the surgery
- Stitch Removal: 2 weeks after
- Hospitalization: N/A
- Hemo Vac Removal: 3 days after
- Fixable Bra: Recommended to wear for at least 2 weeks from the surgery
- Recommended Staying Period in Korea: Min. 2 weeks
- Mani & Pedicure: Must be removed
- Special Aftercare: Injection to reduce scars, pumpkin extract (help reduce swelling), ultrasound examination for breast (for revision surgery case), post-operative breast massage care program
- What is Breast Augmentation?
- Breast Augmentation beautifully enlarges small or saggy breasts in proportion to the body. The most natural looking breasts are determined by the accuracy of the breast implant placement which is why it is important to consult a WONJIN specialist before proceeding with the surgery.
- Recommended for those who
- 1. Have extremely small breasts
- 2. Want to enlarge current size of breasts
- 3. Have asymmetrical and/or uneven sized breasts
- 4. Have smaller and/or drooped breasts due to breast feeding
Customized Breast Augmentation
Breast Augmentation involves using implants to create fuller breasts or to restore breasts that may have lost volume. If you are unhappy with the size or shape of your breasts, augmentation surgery should be considered. Breast augmentation can increase the fullness and projection of your breasts, improve the balance and proportions of your figure and improve your self-image and self-confidence.
Breast augmentation alone does not correct severely drooping breasts. If you want your breasts to look fuller and be lifted due to sagging, an additional breast lift may be required in combination with breast augmentation. Breast lifting can often be done at the same time as your augmentation.
Incisions are made in inconspicuous areas to minimize visible scarring. We will discuss which incision options are appropriate for your desired outcome.
Breast fold (Inframammary) incision
- 1. Incise along the under the line of breast
- 2. Often chosen to avoid leaving obvious scar on armpit
- 3. Recommended incision for revision surgery and/or major correction
- 4. Appropriate incision for large sized implant insertion
Implant Insertion Area
Double Surface Insertion (Dual Plane)
It is the most advanced surgical method of using the advantages of the upper and lower muscle position by placing the upper part of the implant under the chest muscle and the lower part of the implant under the mammary gland. It renders the lower breast line elaborately for the most natural breasts.
- -Effective on all types of breasts
- -Natural shape with elaborate lower breast line
- -Able to correct the saggy breast and natural augmentation
- -Natural due to high level of adhesion of mammary gland and implant
- -Low chance of capsular contracture
Degree of Projection
Breast implants at WONJIN have customized profiling depending on what the patient wants.
Profiling states that the form of the implant is same but the degree of projection and shape is different.
It is important to choose the right incision method and implant type , but customized surgery considering individual body condition is more important.
A 250cc breast implant can be narrow and tall, or low and wide. WONJIN, considers the different width and size, provides customized breast augmentation surgery for each patient for satisfactory results.
|Low Profile LS||Moderate Profile MS||High Profile HS||Extra Profile XS|
1. High Profile (high and narrow diameter)
- The breast implant is high and has a small diameter. This is used if the width of the chest is too narrow, protruding breasts or full and voluminous breasts are desired.
2. Moderate Plus Profile (between high and moderate)
- The breast implant is between high and moderate.
It has a moderate height and diameter, and has an excellent texture which is used most often in Korea.
3. Moderate Profile (moderate and average diameter)
- The breast implant has moderate height and diameter. It has been used widely after Cohesive gel was approved, but the frequency of usage of this implant has been decreased these days as this is quite wide for Asians breast.
4. Low Profile (low and wide diameter)
- The breast implant is low and has a wide diameter, and it is used for people with a wide chest, usually not for Asians who have narrow chests.
Wonjin’s Breast Implant Policy
At Wonjin, we only use implants such as USA Allergan Natrelle, Mentor, and teardrop implant from Polytech, which are approved from both USA FDA and Korea KFDA. The implants all maintain the highest quality, robustness, and safety through more than 20 years of research and strict quality control system. It is the safest breast implant that are used in over 75 countries worldwide.
|Wonjin’s Breast Implant Policy|