- Duration: App. 3~4 hours
- Anesthesia: General Anesthesia
- Fasting: From 8 hours before the surgery
- Stitch Removal: 2 weeks after
- Hospitalization: N/A
- Shower: Partially available
- Recommended Staying Period in Korea: Min. 2 weeks
- Compressive Garment: Recommended to wear at all times for the first month and put it on at home or while sleeping for another month
- What is Liposuction?
- Liposuction or lipo deals with the removal of undesired and excess fat on the body. At WONJIN we have a variety of treatment including laser, ultrasound, as well as traditional methods of liposuction. Lipo is used in conjunction with an abdominoplasty for effective results. Liposuction can get you the body you want in a short period of time. Liposuction at WONJIN is performed with only the latest equipment and surgical techniques to get you the taut, slim body you want.
- Recommended for those who
- 1. Have excess body fat
- 2. Have excess fat on specific area around abdomen, thigh, arm, calf and face etc.
- 3. Desire to change body type/shape due to bumpy skin
- 4. Desire to have a well-defined body in a short period
The principle of Liposuction
- Liposuction is done using Cannula to soak up fat cells through tunnel on fat layer. In this surgery, surgeons pull out fat cells out of body. After this procedure, the surgical area rarely reverts back to the original state.
- Fat tissue
- Suction through cannula
- Thinned layer of fat
Types of liposuction
SAL, Suction-assisted liposuction
- This is a delicate way to extract fat cells with a vacuum pump and it causes high pressure to get rid of fat through a cannula. This way is ideal for small spots like face, arm, thigh, etc.
PAL, Power-assisted liposuction
- Same principle as SAL but cannula is operated by motor to make easier to separate the layer of fat. This gets rid of fat quickly and is ideal for parts including the abdomen and love handles.
- WONJIN has many different varieties of liposuction that include using ultrasonic, high frequency waves, water, lasers, etc.
Erchonia Laser Liposuction
It is a method of liposuction that extracts the fat through thin tube after making the fat cells small by gently melting the fat by laser. Erchonia laser has advantage of quick recovery after surgery through quick removal of fat. Also, it is effective and recommended on treatments of obesity patients who has done liposuction surgery before but requires revision due to excessive fiber in the body.
- Facial Fat Micro Contouring : smile line, chin (left, right, bottom), cheek (top, bottom), mouth and chin area, neck area, buccal fat, etc.
- Partial Liposuction : calf, forearm, thigh, knee, etc.
- Full Body Liposuction : abdomen, back area, side waist, hip, etc.
- Other : underarm odor, excessive sweating, male breast, skin elasticity, etc.
- Effective liposuction on almost all areas
- Able to perform precise liposuction after gently melting the fat with laser
- Able to extract a lot of fat through less bleeding during the surgery
- Minimal bruise, scar, and pain through micro cannula
- Less pain with local anesthesia
Why is it good?
|Before laser treatment||Exposed to laser for 4 minutes||Exposed to laser for 6 minutes|
|Regular fat cell in shape of grape cluster||Some fat cells are destroyed and liquefied fat comes off||There are none of grape cluster shaped fat cell and only liquefied fat are left|
Liposuction for Different Areas
Liposuction surgery requires an accurate diagnosis by physician before surgery since everyone has different body type. Wonjin Clinic with 19 years of experience in Plastic Surgery Field is equipped with Liposuction specialist and specific Liposuction medical device, thus promises you to achieve fit body line as well as size reduction by decreasing fat cells.
Huge stomach usually makes you look fat. Abdomen obesity is caused by excessive fat deposition in upper and lower abdomen. Thus, it is very important to remove fat evenly during the procedure. Abdomen obesity is the most common area for liposuction for both men and women. It is the typical area to have liposuction because the result is very good compared to other areas of body.
If waist size is over 35.4 inch for Korean men and 33.5 inch for Korean women, it is considered as abdomen obesity. Excessive fat deposits on abdomen also increases the risk of other health issues,
thus the consultation with the physician is strongly recommended.
Deep sleep anesthesia will be done for abdomen liposuction and since only small incision will be made for thin cannula for the suck out, you may go back to work on Monday if the surgery was done in the weekend.
Time Required for the Operation
Upper Abdomen: 30 min.
Lower Abdomen: 1 hour
Time Required for Recovery
Dressing and Treatment:
3-4 days after
Stitch Out: 7 days after
(Must wear compressive garment for certain period)