- Duration: App. 3~4 hours
- Anesthesia: General Anesthesia
- Fasting: From 8 hours before the surgery
- Stitch Removal: 2 weeks after
- Hospitalization: N/A
- Shower: Partially available
- Recommended Staying Period in Korea: Min. 2 weeks
- Compressive Garment: Recommended to wear at all times for the first month and put it on at home or while sleeping for another month
- What is Liposuction?
- Liposuction or lipo deals with the removal of undesired and excess fat on the body. At WONJIN we have a variety of treatment including laser, ultrasound, as well as traditional methods of liposuction. Lipo is used in conjunction with an abdominoplasty for effective results. Liposuction can get you the body you want in a short period of time. Liposuction at WONJIN is performed with only the latest equipment and surgical techniques to get you the taut, slim body you want.
- Recommended for those who
- 1. A lot of excess fat on arms, abdomen, legs etc
- 2. Excessive fat on specific part of body
- 3. Partial fat that is not burned off with diet
- 4. Dissatisfied body figure
The principle of suction of fat
Principle of liposuction
- Surgeons make tunnels in layer of fat to suck fat cells with cannula. In this surgery, surgeons pull out fat cells out of body. After this procedure, the surgical area rarely reverts back to the original state.
- Layer of fat
- Suction through cannula
- Layer of fat to remove
Types of liposuction
SAL, Suction-assisted liposuction
- This is a delicate way to extract fat cells with a vacuum pump and it causes high pressure to get rid of fat through a cannula. This way is ideal for small spots like face, arm, thigh, etc.
PAL, Power-assisted liposuction
- Same principle as SAL but cannula is operated by motor to make easier to separate the layer of fat. This gets rid of fat quickly and is ideal for parts including the abdomen and love handles.
- WONJIN has many different varieties of liposuction that include using ultrasonic, high frequency waves, water, lasers, etc.
Accusculpt is a procedure that accurately sculpting the adipose-tissue on thin and saggy areas. Unlike the general liposuction, it uses micro cannula to inject 1444nm wavelength and melts the fat. It is beneficial on those areas like cheek and jaw line, where it is hard to perform liposuction. There is also a lifting effect due to collagen production.
- Cheek fat removal
- Slim V-line face
- Facial asymmetry correction
- Double chin
- Buccal fat
- Reduce the size of jaw, cheekbone
- Skin lifting, tightening
- Smile lines
- Able to achieve V-line by melting the fat cell
- Able to promote skin elasticity by generating the collagen
- Able to achieve both liposuction and lifting effect
- Minimized the damages on fat and other tissues
- U.S. FDA approved laser procedure
- Less swelling and bruising by using the cannula thin as a needle
- Less pain with local anesthesia
- Short procedure time within 30 minutes
- Able to return to daily activities right after the procedure
Why is it good?
|Fat cell melting efficiency tested with 1064nm, 1320nm, 1444nm|
Liposuction for Different Areas
Liposuction surgery requires an accurate diagnosis by physician before surgery since everyone has different body type. Wonjin Clinic with 19 years of experience in Plastic Surgery Field is equipped with Liposuction specialist and specific Liposuction medical device, thus promises you to achieve fit body line as well as size reduction by decreasing fat cells.
Huge stomach usually makes you look fat. Abdomen obesity is caused by excessive fat deposition in upper and lower abdomen. Thus, it is very important to remove fat evenly during the procedure. Abdomen obesity is the most common area for liposuction for both men and women. It is the typical area to have liposuction because the result is very good compared to other areas of body.
If waist size is over 35.4 inch for Korean men and 33.5 inch for Korean women, it is considered as abdomen obesity. Excessive fat deposits on abdomen also increases the risk of other health issues,
thus the consultation with the physician is strongly recommended.
Deep sleep anesthesia will be done for abdomen liposuction and since only small incision will be made for thin cannula for the suck out, you may go back to work on Monday if the surgery was done in the weekend.
Time Required for the Operation
Upper Abdomen: 30 min.
Lower Abdomen: 1 hour
Time Required for Recovery
Dressing and Treatment:
3-4 days after
Stitch Out: 7 days after
(Must wear compressive garment for certain period)