Calf Reduction Information
- Duration: App. 1 hour
- Anesthesia: Local (Deep Sleep) Anesthesia
- Fasting: From 6 hours before the surgery
- Stitch Removal: N/A
- Hospitalization: N/A
- Shower: Possible from the next day
- Recommended Stay in Korea: Min. 2 days after the surgery
- What is Calf Reduction?
- This calf surgery, a type of body contouring, creates shapely calves by blocking select nerves in the calf muscle thereby decreasing muscle thickness. WONJIN’s non incision method does not literally ‘burn’ the muscles but uses tiny micro cannula to block the nerves in the gastrocnemius with thermal energy, decreasing discomfort and bruising.
- Recommended for those who
- 1. Excessively developed calves
- 2. Dissatisfied with shape of calves
- 3. Stubborn calf muscles (shape that cannot be changed with diet)
WONJIN uses FDA and KFDA approved equipment 20S, which is used exclusively for reduction calf surgery. With a 1mm circumference, the high frequency needle is used for minimal tissue damage and for locating the precise location of the nerve and blocking it.
There are three types of muscles in the calf: Medial Gastrocnemius, Lateral Gastrocnemius, and the Soleus Muscle. The most problematic muscle is the medial because it creates a rough line along the legs. Rarely, the lateral gastrocnemius is so developed it projects outside the soleus muscle. To have a slender leg line, the correct surgical method should be selected that matches your state of calves.
Non-incision Selective Neurolysis
Calf reduction surgery without incision, can reduce the size of calf muscles only by injecting neurolytic medicine to the nerve area. WONJIN uses a nerve detecting device in order to detect and sever nerves precisely. Because this surgery uses needles without incision, scars are not noticeable, and you can return to everyday activity quickly.
Medium-frequency Muscle Reducing Surgery
This uses medium frequency to remove the excessively developed muscles. It reduces inside and middle layer of the muscle. It is often done along with nerve cutting calf reduction surgery.
When surgery feels too intrusive, Botox injection can be done to reduce muscles. It is selectively done even when lateral gastrocnemius is overly developed. It is a simple procedure which makes immediate return to everyday activity possible, but injections should be done regularly because the effect lasts only for 6 months.