Incision Hair Transplant
Best Therapy for Hair Loss! Incision Hair Transplant
- Duration: 3-4 hours (depends on surgical method and transplant quantity)
- Anesthesia: Deep Sleep or Local Anesthesia
- Hospitalization: N/A
- Stitch Removal: 10-14 days after
- Clinic Visit: 2-3 Times
- Recovery Period: Return to everyday activity on the next day
- What is Incision Hair Transplant?
- It is the best hair loss treatment that involves transplanting the hair follicle from back of the head to the hair loss area which has the permanent effect.
- Recommended for those who
- 1. Have Men’s hair loss problem (bald, round type hair loss, genetic hair loss, etc.)
- 2. Have Women’s hair loss problem (postnatal hair loss, wide forehead, alopecia seborrheica)
- 3. Wish to have hair line correction
- 4. Have thin hair on eyebrows and mustache
- 5. Have partial hair loss due to scar from burn or trauma
- 6. Have atrichia
Who is suitable for Incision Hair Transplant?
It is recommended for those who are doing hair transplant for the first time with low hair density in the back of the head. Incision on the back of the head leaves scar and the patients who feel comfortable with the permanent scar are suitable for Incision Hair Transplant. This procedure is practiced all over the whole and allows returning to everyday activity on the very next day.
|1. Detach a certain amount of scalp from back of the head.||2. Suture the incised area.||3. Separate the hair follicles using microscope.||4. Safely preserve using Long Term Preservation Solution until the actual transplant procedure.|
|5. Make slit (pore) on the loss area.||6. Transplant hair follicle cells into slit (pore).||7. Perfect engraftment of the follicles.|
After Incision Hair Transplant Surgery
|1. Collect donor site.||2. Incise skin.||3. Suture||4. Hair grows on the scar.|
Incision size may vary depending on the transplant quantity.
Possible Areas for Hair Transplant
Similar look of eyebrows can be created using the thinnest hair.
It requires a precise procedure since hair should be transplanted according to the angle and the direction of beard and sideburns. These are the spots where you touch very often without noticing, so fixation of the hair root is necessary.
Depending on the location, depth, vascular distribution level, flexibility around the scar area, and how long the scar has been made, the engraftment rate decreases than transplanting on normal tissues. This can be improved by approximately 2-3 times of repetitive transplant procedure. If the scar area is wide, scar removal procedure should be done first to remove the size of the area to successfully transplant hair to cover the scar.
Atrichia Hair Implant
Hair transplant is the best treatment for atrichia since it is different from hair loss which has no effect with hormone therapy or medications. The edge of the transplant line should not be straight. Inverted triangle design and diamond shape design should be applied for women and men respectively.
Why would you choose Wonjin Clinic for Hair Transplant?
Because we increase the rate of engraftment and maintenance!
At Wonjin, we do not transplant each hair but the follicle pocket that has 1~3 hairs attached. This prevents the damage of micro-vessels and nerves of the follicles which increases the rate of engraftment.
Double-protected hair follicle cells using long term preservation solution!
To double-protect the hair follicle cell damage, Wonjin uses long term preservation solution only used for liver or kidney transplant and maintains at 4°C with clean ice. The solution prevents the damage and supplies nutrients to maintain the healthy condition.
High pressure oxygen treatment stimulates blood vessel regeneration!
This provides high pressure oxygen to transplanted hair follicle cells which makes healthy hair with quick recovery and higher engraftment rate.
Makes your face look smaller by well-designed procedure!
Adopting the contouring correction design, this not only the front view of the face, but also forehead, temple, sideburns, and outer angle of the eyebrows are considered to provide the contouring effect as well.
Progress after Hair Transplant
Right after the surgery
Shampooing and dressing will be done on the surgery area. Instruction of shampooing will be informed.
10 days after the surgery
Visit clinic to remove stitches. This does not apply to patients who have done it with non-incision method.
6 months after the surgery
It is the time for the transplanted hair to fall out and new hair to be grown. 50% of the result is produced and visit clinic for the check-up.
12 months after the surgery
Visit clinic to check-up the transplant progress and check whether there are additional hair loss progress. More than 80% of the result is produced at this point.
Precautions [Transplanted area care]
- Try not to scratch or put any pressure to the surgery area for 1 week after the surgery.
- Never wash your hair on the day of the surgery.
- Do not expose the area to sunlight for 5 days after the surgery.
- Apply ice pack on your forehead for 2 days after the surgery. This prevents the swelling on forehead.
Incised and collected area care
- Do not remove the bandage at the back of your head until it is removed at the clinic.
- Avoid putting your head down or putting pressure on the back of your head for 10 days after the surgery.
General complications such as bleeding and infection may occur depending on the patient’s condition.