Stem Cell Procedures
SmartPrep2 Hair Transplant Information
- Duration: 1-2 hours
- Anesthesia: Local (Deep Sleep) Anesthesia
- Hospitalization: N/A
- Stitch Removal: 1-2 weeks after surgery
- Clinic Visit: 1-2 times
- Recovery Period: Return to everyday activity 1-2 weeks after surgery
- What is SmartPrep2 Hair Transplant?
- SmartPrep2 Hair Transplant is a procedure that extracts patients’ own blood and centrifuge, then concentrated platelet is injected on the thinning spot. It is noticeable to see the growth of new hair after 3-5 months due to promotion of cell proliferation, stem cell cloning, blood vessel production, cell regeneration by various growth factors in platelet. Also, it promotes the hair regeneration and makes the root and follicle of hair strong.
- Recommended for those who
- 1. Are concerned about the partial hair loss
- 2. Are concerned about hair loss after giving birth
- 3. Are concerned about alopecia seborrheica
- 4. Are concerned about the hair loss on top of the head
- 5. Are concerned about the hair loss due to poor blood circulation
- 6. Wish to get natural treatment with less side effects
What is Hair Loss?
Hair loss is when there are more hair loss than growing hair and able to see from the outer appearance. Unlike nails, hair goes through a growth cycle which has a period of anagen, catagen, and telogen. Patients with hair loss usually have more hair of telogen rather than anagen.
Cause of Hair Loss
- High-fat foods diet, excessive drinking and smoking may block supplying nutrients on hair root, be easy to propagate various germs due to excessive sebum secretion. Also, having frequent perm, dying/drying your hair or using chemical substances might contaminate your scalp and cause hair loss.
- When stress is accumulated, it stimulates the sympathetic nervous system and autonomic nervous system. Then, adrenaline is secreted leading to contraction of blood vessel and stiff scalp. This results in hair loss from poor nutrition supply.
- Deficiency of Nutrition
- Hair loss may occur from malnutrition due to excessive or unbalanced diet.
- Generally, genetic cause of hair loss frequently occurs in males than females. This genetic trait is just a form or cause of hair loss, so hair loss can be prevented if you take care of your hair condition and attempt to activate your skin cells.
- Blood Circulation Disorder
- Wearing hat or pressure on the scalp may cause blood circulation disorder with limited air circulation which can decrease the nutrition supplying on the hair root and cause the hair loss.
- Male hormones expand the sebaceous glands causing the sebum secretion. Then, the dandruff is combined with sebum which blocks the pores. This causes the supplying of nutrition on the root to be blocked which weakens and thins the hair that will lead to hair loss.
Stages of Hair Loss
SmartPrep2 - Principal of Hair Transplant
The concentrated growth factors (VEGF, PDGF, FGF, IGF, HGF, TFG) in SmartPrep2 induce new blood vessel development and help more stem cell differentiation. Ultimately, this induces the growth of fibroblast and endothelial cells that turns back ongoing hair loss stages of 1,2,3 to normal.
※ SmartPrep2 Hair Transplant is effective on thin hair (3rd stage of hair loss) because it allows the regeneration of hair. However, regular hair transplant is more effective on the area where there is no hair at all.
|Normal Stage||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3|
General scalp care only improves the condition of scalp and hair follicle injection can make stronger thinned hair. But, SmartPrep2 Hair Transplant reinforces hair growth through creation of new blood vessels from deep inside of scalp using extracted adult stem cells.
Process of SmartPrep2 Hair Transplant
|Blood Collection||Stem Cell Separation||Stem Cell Extraction||Supply on Hair Loss Area|
Why? Why would you choose Wonjin’s SmartPrep2 Hair Transplant?
Able to Analyze Various Different Causes
SmartPrep2 Hair Transplant is appropriate if there is fine soft hair but it is recommended to combine SmartPrep2 with regular hair transplant procedure if there is no fine soft hair. Therefore, it requires different procedures for different conditions. Wonjin is fully committed to provide a high-class hair loss treatment to our patients.
Reduced Concern of Leaving Scar on Scalp with Non-incision Injection
Different from regular hair transplant procedure, incision is not required with SmartPrep2. It is treated with injection that regenerates blood vessels which turns back the hair loss stages of 1, 2, 3 to the normal stage.
Maximizes the Effect by Blood Vessel Regeneration
The hair in the hair loss stage may have simple symptoms including scalp damage, hair damage, and scalp inflammation but more complex symptoms exist in the inner part, which are sebum secretion disorder, destruction of the hair follicle cells and blood vessel contraction. SmartPrep2 Hair Transplant procedure regenerates the blood vessel from deep inside the scalp which turns back the hair loss stages of 1, 2, 3 to the normal stage.
What is Stem Cell?
Human Body is consisted of at least of 200 types and 60 trillion cells. Most cells are being used in its own tissue such as bone structure, nerve, and muscle but there are special cells that can differentiate into different tissue, and these are Stem Cells.
Stem Cells that are being used for SmartPrep2 Fat Grafting
SmartPrep2 Fat Grafting has nearly no gene modification since it is extracting highly concentrated stem cell with no developed stem cells included. Therefore, SmartPrep2 Fat Grafting helps around tissues to grow by providing nutrients to transplanted fat due to high concentration of growth factors, which lead to bring skin elasticity and wrinkle improvement effects.
|Category||Embryonic Stem Cell||Adult Stem Cell|
|Fat Stem Cell||Bone Marrow Stem Cell||Blood Stem Cell|
|Origin of Cell||Egg, Fertilized Egg||Fat||Bone Marrow||Cord Blood,Blood|
|Cell Secure||Difficult||Comparatively Easy||Comparatively Easy||Average/Comparatively Easy|
|Ethic Issue||Yes||Almost None||Almost None||Almost None|
|Teratoma Possibility||Yes||Almost None||Almost None||Almost None|
Before the Surgery
- -Please do not perm your hair. You can dye your hair 1 week before the surgery.
- -Please inform the consultant or surgeon if you are taking any medications including Minoxidil(Minoxyl, Moxidil), Propecia, vitamin E, aspirin, and Gingkomin.
- -Taking shower with mild type soap on the day of surgery is recommended and remove contact lenses, jewelry, accessories, nail polish, and make-up before coming to the clinic.
- -Do not eat or drink (including candy, gum, and water) 4 hours before the surgery (8 hours for general anesthesia).
- -Prepare comfortable clothes (hoodie or button down shirt), mask, scarf, cap, and sunglasses. It is hard to drive after the surgery, so please come with the guardian.
After the Surgery
- -It is recommended to take a good rest on the day of the surgery.
- -Do not take shower or apply make-up and ointment on the day of the treatment.
- -Please sleep with straight posture. (Especially for cheeks)
- -Please avoid iontherapy or electrotherapy for 3 days.
- -Please avoid sun exposure for 2 days.
- -It is recommended to have sauna or take shower after 3 days.
※ General complications such as bleeding and infection may occur depending on the patient’s condition.